Supermarkets and Shopping:
There is a local village shop at the Green Dragon pub, which sells daily essentials such as bread, butter, eggs, meat, milk, fruit and vegetables, as well as more specialist products such as olive oil, balsamic vinegar, anchovies, passata and pasta from around the world. The shop supplies ice-cream from Salcombe, ale from Cornwall, meat from the local butcher, vegetables from the south-west of the UK, plus they have a great selection of gins and vodka, as well as fine wines from Bordeaux. The shop also stocks homeware items, perfect for your home or as a gift. (Note the village shop is not open in the evenings.) For a bigger shop head to Tesco Extra at Brockworth (6.7 miles) or Sainsbury’s Local (4 miles) on the Cirencester Road in Cheltenham.
- The Green Dragon Inn (0.7 miles)
- Colesbourne Inn, Colesbourne (3.4 miles)
- Fostons Ash Inn - The Polo Pub, The Camp (5.2 miles)
Westerleigh Cottage is right at the heart of great walking country. A 4.5-mile moderate, circular walk takes you from Cowley to Elkstone, through the woods, along the River Churn and back again. Time it right and you’ll be back for lunch at the Green Dragon Inn.
For other great walking routes, visit Cotswold AONB
- it is the best source of local information, and you can download maps (walking and cycling) for free.
Places to Visit:
- Cowley Manor C-Side Spa (0.2 miles)
- Crickley Hill Country Park (3 miles)
- Cheltenham town centre (6.5 miles) and Cheltenham Racecourse (7 miles)
- Train - Cheltenham Spa (6 miles)
- Taxis - Starline Taxis, Dial-a-Cab, Andy Cars & Central Taxis Association
There is so much to discover in the Cotswolds, why not have a look at some of our favourite Bolthole Retreats Experiences