Dogs Code of Conduct
BRINGING YOUR DOG TO OUR COTTAGES
At Bolthole Retreats we are proud to provide quality, luxury accommodation in our beautiful holiday cottages. We enjoy meeting the different needs of all our guests by offering a selection of both dog-free and dog-friendly holiday cottages. For this to work for everyone, we have a Dog Code of Conduct, which can be found below.
Our dog friendly cottages can be found on our Dog Friendly Cottages page. We are able to accommodate a maximum of two well-behaved dogs in each of our dog-friendly properties. Guests must let us know they are bringing their dog at the time of booking. We take a small charge of £25 per pet.
When booking, guests are required to accept our Terms & Conditions, including the Dogs Code of Conduct. This enables us to ensure we keep our cottages in excellent condition for all guests.
Dogs Code of Conduct:
- We ask that your dog be kept on the lead in the courtyard.
- The surrounding fields are often used for grazing sheep and lambs. Dogs must be kept on a lead when walking through the fields if they are occupied by livestock.
- We ask that you do not allow your dog on furniture or in bedrooms. An additional cleaning fee will be incurred should there be evidence of dogs having been on beds or furniture.
- If you are part of a group booking, your dog must be kept to the dog-friendly cottage it was booked into. If you wish your dog to go in and out of other cottages included in your booking, the £25 pet fee must be paid for those cottages too. This of course will mean ensuring the other cottages in your booking are also dog-friendly.
- Dogs must be booked and paid for in advance. Any dogs arriving without prior arrangement will need to be accommodated elsewhere at your own cost.
- Dogs are not allowed to be left unattended in any cottage unless they are happy to rest in their own cage brought from home and are unlikely to bark and disturb other guests. A list of walks, as well as dog-friendly pubs, is provided to help you plan a dog-friendly day out.
- We regret that dogs known to bark excessively are not permitted.
- Please wash off muddy dogs before entering the cottage; guest towels must not be used on dogs.
- Please clean up after your dog, including whilst in the cottage gardens, courtyards and the surrounding fields. Dog waste must be binned using appropriate bags.
- Any damage caused by dogs to furniture, carpets, bed linen etc. will incur a commensurate replacement or cleaning fee.
- Please obey the Countryside Code whilst enjoying the area with your dog. Keep your dog under close control at all times for their own safety as well as the comfort of others.
- Upon departure, please leave the cottage as you would wish to find it. An additional cleaning fee will be incurred should excessive cleaning be required following your departure.